PEUGEOT will be showcasing six iconic models from its ‘4 series’ line-up at the 2023 Retromobile exhibition in Paris, from the PEUGEOT 401 to the New PEUGEOT 408.
Also on display at the Retromobile show will be a rare special edition of the PEUGEOT 205 GTI, as the 205 celebrates its 40th anniversary.
In 2022, PEUGEOT unveiled the New PEUGEOT 408, the latest in its ‘4 series’ line of models. The New 408 features a fastback silhouette that is unique in the current car market and is positioned at the top of the C-segment. At the Retromobile show, PEUGEOT will present six iconic models from the PEUGEOT ‘4 series’ alongside the New PEUGEOT 408.
- The first model of the ‘4 series’, the PEUGEOT 401 saloon (1934-1935) innovated with its independent front wheels, while the PEUGEOT 401 Eclipse (1935), the first production coupé-cabriolet, left its mark on automotive history.
- The PEUGEOT 402 (1938-1942) is remembered for its innovation: grouping the headlights behind the grille to streamline the design and improve aerodynamics, an area which was still in its infancy.
- The PEUGEOT 403 Cabriolet (1956-1961) was made famous by Inspector Columbo and is just one of the many variations of the 403 family (saloon, estate, van and pick-up) which became a huge commercial success.
- The design of the PEUGEOT 404 Coupé (1962-1968) is the work of Pininfarina, whose collaboration with PEUGEOT was at its height.
- The PEUGEOT 405 Mi16 Le Mans (1993) is a special edition of the legendary 405 Mi16 built to celebrate PEUGEOT’s victory in the 1993 Le Mans 24-Hour race. It uses the 2-litre 16-valve 160bhp engine from the ‘normal’ Mi16 and features leather/Alcantara upholstery and 15-inch alloy wheels.
Throughout 2023, L’Aventure PEUGEOT will be organising a series of celebrations to mark the 40th anniversary of the PEUGEOT 205, which was commercially launched on 24th February 1983. The festivities will begin at Retromobile with the exhibition of a rare 205 GTi Griffe from 1991, a special edition equipped with a 1.9-litre, 130hp engine.
The Retromobile 2023 exhibition will take place from Wednesday 1st to Sunday 5th February at the Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles in Paris, France, from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (with late nights until 10:00 pm on 1st and 3rd February). L’Aventure PEUGEOT is located in Hall 1, Stand F035.
Find more info:
Join the club:
Peugeot Sport Club UK
If you found this article of interest, you may also enjoy…
Me and my car: Chris Tolman and his Peugeot 205 GTI restomod